Buy back of energy facilities
Alongside the main tasks, ENERGO-PRO Grid AD adopted investment program and procedure for acquiring energy sites and facilities that are part of the distribution grid, in order to meet the provisions of § 4 of the Transitional and Final Provisions of the Energy Act (State Gazette, issue107/2003).
“The energy sites and facilities that are components of the relevant transmission or distribution grid, which at the time of coming into force of this Act must be owned by the licensed energy enterprises but are property of third parties are bought back by the transmission or by the respective distribution company, depending on the site’s appurtenance to the networks within 8 years after the entry into force of this Act”.
The process of acquiring energy sites and facilities that are part of the relevant electricity distribution grid is governed by technological instruction indicating the order of implementation and responsibilities of the various levels and stages of the process. The process is consistent with the current regulations and legal framework in Bulgaria:
- Energy Act – §4 of TFP of EA;
- Act on Property;
- Act on Cadastre and Property Registry;
- State Property Act;
- Municipal Property Act;
- Ordinance on licensing activities in the energy sector;
- Ordinance ¹ 16 on servitudes of energy sites;
- Ordinance ¹ 9 on technical operation of electric plants and grids;
- Ordinance on determining basic prices, prices for excluded areas and servitudes in forests and lands from the forest fund.
Conditions for opening a procedure for acquisition of energy sites and facilities
In order to initiate a procedure for the acquisition of energy sites and facilities it is necessary to fill in, prepare and submit a set of documents in the Customer Service Centers.
The documents you have to fill in are:
Request for buy back of energy site of consumer/generator of electricity in accordance with para. 4 of the Transitional and Final Provisions of the Energy Act.
The documents you have to attach in all cases are:
- Ownership document on the property;
- Update sketch of the property with noted down and reflected in the cadastre plan of the energy site and servitude zones;
- Court decision for registration of the company; Certificate from NRA;
- Utilization permit;
- Statements from accounts 201, 203, 204 and 207;
- Tax assessment of the property.
When additional documents under the above legislation are required, specialists fromENERGO-PRO Grid AD will contact you to specify the details.
The procedure for compensated acquisition of energy sites and facilities, which are part of the respective electricity distribution grid, also includes:
- Verification of ownership of the site;
- Verification of legitimacy of documents;
- Verification of the condition of the site by specialists from ENERGO-PRO Grid AD;
- Preparation of proposal on the price of the energy site at market value;
- Signing of protocol on the price of the deal;
- Conclusion of the deal (signing of contract).
These actions require cooperation on behalf of the owner of the energy site/facility.